I made my first sculptures last week. This was a lot harder than I anticipated. The many hours researching on You Tube helped, however, the practical and physical outlay was underestimated. My first attempt was a disaster, I just assumed that by mixing water, Plaster of Paris, the magic will just happen. I did not factor the heat in the studio. This dried out the mix, before I could use it. I am really delighted with the final results.
I only have one month left for my residency program. The previous months have flown past. I am a little disappointed that I have not completed more work.
I am developing a section on this website, with a full catalogue of my work. This page will describe and log my thoughts, ideas and processes. The tab is private for now.